There are many options when it comes to Health Insurance.
Personal Health insurance plans give you coverage for everyday health insurance needs and medical emergencies and they cover a wide variety of services, such as massage and acupuncture, so you don’t have to miss a night out with friends to afford treatment that helps you feel your best.
Health insurance for income protection. Have you ever thought about how an illness like cancer, heart attack, stroke or multiple sclerosis could affect your life? Having some help with your finances could make all the difference and Critical Illness Insurance is designed to do just that.
|Omni Plan||Extenda Plan||Basic Plan|
|Artificial Limbs, Eyes & Larynx||✔||✔||✔|
|Casts & Crutches||✔||✔||✔|
|In Hospital Drugs||✔||✔||✔|
|Private Duty Nursing||✔||✔||✔|
|Wheelchairs, Motorized Scooters & Adjustable Beds||✔||✔||✔|
|Blood Pressure Monitors||✔||✔||✖|
|Custom Made Foot Orthotics||✔||✔||✖|
|Diabetic Supplies & Equipment||✔||✔||✖|
|Eye Glasses & Contacts||✔||✔||✖|
|Health Supplies & Equipment||✔||✔||✖|
|Out Of Province Referral||✔||✔||✖|
Protect yourself from medical expenses not covered by provincial health insurance. There are many options to cover prescription drugs, dental care and much more.
If you aren’t covered by a group health insurance and group dental insurance plan, then you know how quickly medical bills can add up. Prescription drugs, dental checkups, massage or physiotherapy, new eyeglasses, the list of possible expenses goes on and the annual expenses can easily add up to thousands of dollars. We are sure you’ll find exactly the right coverage, whether you want coverage for you, your family, or even for your employees.
Various insurance companies offer a wide variety of health insurance and dental insurance plans for both individuals and families. Health insurance plans can cover just medical expenses or dental expenses, or if needed, a comprehensive list of benefits. There are non-medical plans that don’t require a medical questionnaire or exam, as long as you apply within 60 days of your group insurance benefits ending. There are plans available even for small business groups.
Manulife’s Combo Plus Enhanced Plan
- 90% of first $2,222 and 100% of next $8,000 (up to $10,000 every year)
- Dispensing fee (no maximum)
- Any taxes you might owe
A licensed insurance advisor will explain all your insurance options. Depending on your age, health and the amount of life insurance you need, there are many insurance options that will give you peace of mind knowing your burial costs will be covered.
- Brand-name or generic prescription drugs, including birth control drugs
- Smoking cessation drugs
- Erectile dysfunction drugs
- Over-the-counter drugs
- Drugs that don’t require a prescription
Dental coverages are designed to match the current provincial Dental Association Fee Guide for General Practitioners, and will be adjusted to match any increases in the fee guide.
100% of first $500 and 60% of next $700 (up to $920 every year)
Check-ups every 6 months
Also included, to a combined maximum of $400 in year 1 and $1,250 every 3 years:
- Oral surgery (60% in year 1 and year 2, and 80% in year 3+)
- Periodontics (60% in year 1 and year 2, and 80% in year 3+)
- Endodontics (root canal) (60% in year 1 and year 2, and 80% in year 3+)
- Orthodontics (0% in year 1 and 60% in year 2+)
- Crowns (0% in year 1 and 60% in year 2+)
- Bridges (0% in year 1 and 60% in year 2+)
- Dentures (0% in year 1 and 60% in year 2+)
Dental coverage starts at the age provincial/territorial health insurance plan coverage ends.
- $250 every 2 years
- Optometrist fees up to $70 every 2 years
- Prescription lenses
- Contact lenses
- Laser eye surgery
- Industrial safety glasses
Extended Health Care
$250,000 over lifetime for registered specialists and therapists, orthotics, hearing aids, homecare, medical equipment and more (after government health plan maximums reached)
Per person every year unless otherwise noted:
Registered specialists and therapists
- Acupuncturist – $25/visit x 20 visits
- Chiropodist – $25/visit x 20 visits
- Chiropractor – $25/visit x 20 visits plus $35 for chiropractic x-ray
- Dietitian – $25/visit x 20 visits
- Naturopath – $25/visit x 20 visits
- Osteopath – $25/visit x 20 visits
- Physiotherapist – up to $250
- Podiatrist – $25/visit x 20 visits
- Psychologist/Psychotherapist/Clinical Counsellor (combined) – $80/first visit or $65/subsequent visit x 15 visits
- Speech Pathologist/Therapist (combined) – $65/first visit or $45/subsequent visit x 10 visits
- Registered Massage Therapist – $25/visit x 20 visits
- Orthotics (custom-made) – $225
- Hearing aids (purchase or repair) – $400 every 4 years
- Homecare and nursing – $4,000
- Prosthetic appliances (e.g., artificial joints and limbs) – $4,000
- Durable medical equipment (e.g., wheelchairs, ventilators and lifts) – $4,000
- Ambulance (air or ground) – unlimited
- 24-hour monitoring (Lifeline Personal Response Service) to the applicant, co-applicant and extended family (parents, grandparents, in-laws) – 6 months every 3 years
- Healthcare Online – Included – Get easy 24/7 access to doctors and nurse practitioners, when you need care
- Medical coordination and second medical opinions (Health Service Navigator)
- Accidental dental – $2,000 maximum per person, per anniversary year
- Registered Massage Therapist – $25/visit x 20 visits
- $5 million in emergency health coverage for first 9 days of each trip
- $100 deductible per claim
Travel insurance coverage ends at age 70, and may be limited or excluded for any illness or condition that first appears in the 9 months preceding each departure date.
Accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- Up to $25,000 for adults under age 65
- Up to $10,000 for children and adults age 65 and over
- Continued coverage with no premiums for 1 year after death of an insured adult
Contact Final Expense Ontario’s insurance advisor today to start working on your Health Insurance plan.
Final Expense Ontario is here to help you find accommodating Health Insurance policies. We help you make your decision with total peace of mind. Call now for a no obligation free consultation 1-800-593-1817 or Get Quote
Most funeral insurance plans range from 5,000 to 50,000 dollars in coverage. A licensed insurance broker can work for you to ensure that you get the best insurance deal possible.
Don’t leave your family with unexpected expenses when you die. Taking care of your own funeral can be the last gift you will give.
Talk to a licensed insurance advisor from Final Expense Ontario 1-800-593-1817 to make the decision that’s right for you and your family’s needs.